Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Progress With Race Development

Being a first time Event/Race Director is no easy feat. When Nick proposed the idea to host a race I didn't even hesitate with an ecstatic, "YEAH!" And probably about a month has gone by since we first came up with the idea. There is a lot involved in setting up a race. Getting the trail ready and accurate, setting up how we are going to time it, since we will not be using the ultra fancy timers that much larger races have, and getting people/companies to help out with prize giveaways and goody bags and so on.

Every week we do a little bit on the trail, I slip on my Nike Pegasus Trail Running with Gore-Tex shoes (which have been some of the best trail shoes ever!), take my pedometer ( my  Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer to be exact)  and pretend that I'm running the race, so I know the trail will be the best for all you racers! That part has been fun, except for the recent drop in temperatures.

 Back to other Event Director duties...I have had some experience going around the community and asking for donations to help out with events at work so I had somewhere to start! I am excited to announce that a sponsorship with Trail Runner Magazine is in the works and they will be sending us magazines to put in the Goody Bags and also, even better a Full Year's Subscription to give away as a prize to whoever win's!

If you would like to donate to the race and be listed as a sponsor please email us at springintospringbash@gmail.com, or if you know anyone that would like to donate food, bags, gift certificates, etc to the race be sure to give them our contact info!

A Big Thanks goes out to Trail Runner Magazine for being the first to sponsor this race!

0 comments:

Post a Comment